Friday 6 May 2016

TOEFL Vs PTE


http://edwiseinternational.com/

Ever wonder the difference between these TOEFL and the PTE English tests for university admittance? TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is currently the most common for non- native English speakers. The TOEFL is often a requirement at most colleges and universities in the U.S., Canada and other English-speaking countries. In addition, government agencies, licensing bodies, businesses or scholarship programs might also require the TOEFL. Both the TOEFL and PTE are valid for two years

The Pearson Test of English Academic is recognized by thousands of universities worldwide, the most popular being the UK, Australia, the US and Canada. It is administered by the Graduate Management Admission Council, similar to the TOEFL test, the Pearson Test of English (PTE) tests in all four sections: Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. The scoring ranges from 10 to 90, and includes your overall score, communicative skills scores and enabling skills scores. The score is based on performance on all items in the test. The test is computer based and takes about three hours to complete; results are available in 5 working days. You may retake the test as many times as you wish to. The main differences from the TOEFL include:

    Automated speech and writing scoring providing consistent and accurate grading
    Score reports offering recorded speech samples to admissions offices at universities worldwide
    Question types including fill in the blanks, match the items, select multiple answer choices in the same question





The Testing of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is created by the Educational Testing Service and is administered in more than 180 countries, making it the most accessible test in the world. Students can use this test to study in the UK and other European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Korea, in addition to the United States and Canada. The test is scored from 0-30 in each section, on a total of 120, and takes four hours to complete. Results for the TOEFL are available 10 days after the test some tasks require test takers to combine more than one skill. Integrated tasks help learners effectively communicate in academic environments they choose to enter. These tasks require test takers to
  • Read, listen and then speak in response to a question
  • Listen and then speak in response to a question
  • Read, listen and then write in response to a question
 What Edwise Students studying TOEFL & PTE says...

I clearly remember the day I started my TOEFL coaching, after seeing the different sections of TOEFL I was sure I won't pass the test. But my faculty's support and personalized attention helped me. TOEFL being an internet based test, practice was very important. Edwise provided me with number of mock tests which boosted my confidence. I thank the entire Edwise team for the same

Shabbir Khambati - TOEFL Coaching

My TOEFL class here at Edwise has been started great. I have experienced good changes in my performance. Good attention is given on individual students and the students weakest points are worked upon really well. Totally satisfied! My faculty is awesome teacher and a guide. Learned a lot of things and would surely look forward to my bright future. Thank you Edwise.

Reshmi Bhaduri – TOEFL Coaching

I am writing this testimonial to Edwise International and especially to my tutor for PTE. I was tensed before giving my PTE exam because I got my passport late and I had to clear the exam in a single attempt. I explained the situation to her. She helped me a lot. Those two sessions were really very crucial for me as I scored 77/90 in PTE with 90/90 in speaking. This score has also helped me in getting a part time job in Australia as well. My tutor was very calm, understanding, I am really thankful to Edwise and for the overall experience with a Coaching Dept.

Siddhesh Lad - PTE Coaching

Overseas Education Consultant


We at Edwise streamline and personalize the process for each student irrespective of the destination, institution, course or any level of study. Our team of experienced professionals will provide you individual attention and exceptional guidance throughout your process of application. We provide assistance related to course selections, admission, visa, bank-loan and scholarships. We also host University delegates for direct student interaction and all these services are provided free of cost. We have established since 1991 and have been maintaining strong networks with over 575 universities in 16 countries, hence giving us a unique insight into the finest educational establishments worldwide.

Start your education overseas with valuable information on everything you need to know about studying abroad from study permits, temporary resident visas and how much it costs, to finding a program.

Do visit your nearest Edwise branch & choose your university carefully under our expert guidance and ensure that you have all your paperwork in order. Once you apply, and the wait is over, you can really begin to look forward to not only studying in a beautiful and vibrant country, but also to a life experience quite like no other.

For complete information & enrolment on Overseas Education process, Contact Edwise on 1-800-200-3678 (Toll Free) / 08600911333.


No comments:

Post a Comment