Saturday 11 November 2017

What Makes You an Ideal Scholarship Candidate? Find Out


November 2017

Students sometimes refrain from pursuing their higher education due to the costs of studying abroad. However, there are several scholarships that help students pay for their overseas program. These scholarships are a popular form of financial assistance and are awarded to students each year. Here's what makes you a promising candidate for that scholarship program./p>
  • Maintain Good Grades
Scholarships have certain requirements and maintaining good grades is one of them. Therefore, a student's academic background can be a deciding factor for a scholarship program. Good grades suggest that you are focused on your academics and this increases your chances of gaining a sscholarship.
  • Write a Strong Application Essay
When writing your statement of purpose, your goal is to stand out from the pool of other desirable candidates, writing a powerful application essay gives reviewers a chance to notice you. Your personal statement is a crucial part of your scholarship application and so it is important that you set aside time and focus on writing a compelling essay.
  • Extra-curricular activities
The extracurricular activities that you have participated in are another added advantage when applying for a scholarship program. The admissions office looks for traits outside of the classroom, and the type of activities that you engage in determines what you will bring to the program.
  • Community Service
There are certain scholarships that reward students for active participation in the community, and so listing down all the services that you have rendered to the community is beneficial when applying for a scholarship. This shows the admissions council that you are keen on making a difference to society.

Student Testimonials


“Edwise has given me the opportunity to study overseas, not only were they helpful to sort my application visa paper work but also helped me to get my accommodation sorted!! They have helped me all throughout my application process! Especially my Counselor in charge of the UK department was extremely helpful; she gave me guidance from step to step!! Therefore, I would strongly recommend Edwise to anyone who is looking for a successful overseas application with a personal guidance!!!”

Name- Amrita
Country- UK
University- Edinburgh Napier University

“It was a wonderful learning experience and know myself potential that where I stand and gave me a clear picture to my future. My counselor guided me from the very 1st day for which course I should go for and how to take up my future pathway. It's been an excellent experience with Edwise International.”

Name- Sreenivasan Padmanaban
Country- New Zealand
University- ICL Business School

“My accommodation, Student pass and other work are all completed and i am all done with the tension. I reached Singapore and my classes started from Oct. 22nd. Thanks for your wonderful support. Without Edwise it would have not been so easy and possible. Once again I thank you for arranging me all the things and made me to enter into JCU.”

Name- Venkateshr
Country- Singapore
University- JCU

“Edwise guided me from my IELTS preparation, to my university selection, my SOP's, my offer letters and much more. There was nothing to worry about, the counsellors keep in touch with you, follow up regularly, and guide you to what’s the best for you. All in all they make it a hassle free experience.”

Name-Mellita D'souza
Country- UK
University- Sheffield

“I would like to thank Edwise for all the support and guidance they provided me with, for my university application. I had no clue which colleges I wanted to apply to initially but by counselor really helped me choose and sort out things. She was more than helpful and easily approachable. I got all the information I wanted ranging from suitable courses and universities to scholarships and accommodations available. I also consider my counselor to be an integral part in helping me fetch a scholarship at the University as well. If you are applying for your studies abroad and are looking for help, in my opinion, Edwise is the place to be at. P.S. Thanks a ton to my counselor. I know my case was a crazy one. I am really thankful for the patience you showed with me.”

Name- Nupur Sood
Country- UK
University- University of Nottingham

“Edwise has done a wonderful job and I thank each person at Edwise who has helped me get here in time. I am absolutely overwhelmed and appreciate the support provided by you people. It was a wonderful experience interacting with everyone at Edwise. I shall definitely recommend anyone who wants to study abroad to come to Edwise. I got the right suggestion at the right time from everyone including my Academic Counsellor to my Visa Counsellor & due to their support & hard work I am here at my dream destination.”

Name- Sanjiv Vishwanath
Country- Australia
University- Griffith University

Overseas Education Consultant


We at Edwise streamline and personalize the process for each student irrespective of the destination, institution, course or any level of study. Our team of experienced professionals will provide you individual attention and exceptional guidance throughout your process of application. We provide assistance related to course selections, admission, visa, bank-loan and scholarships. We also host University delegates for direct student interaction and all these services are provided free of cost. We have established since 1991 and have been maintaining strong networks with over 575 universities in 16 countries, hence giving us a unique insight into the finest educational establishments worldwide.

Start your education overseas with valuable information on everything you need to know about studying abroad from study permits, temporary resident visas and how much it costs, to finding a program.

Do visit your nearest Edwise branch & choose your university carefully under our expert guidance and ensure that you have all your paperwork in order. Once you apply, and the wait is over, you can really begin to look forward to not only studying in a beautiful and vibrant country, but also to a life experience quite like no other.




For complete information on Studying Overseas, Contact Edwise on
1-800-200-3678 (Toll Free) / 08600911333.

No comments:

Post a Comment